31 Aug 2015
- Sweet potato fries by cutting up into slices and seasoning with olive oil, cayenne pepper and a dash of salt.
- Peaches for a sweet snack: slice in half, drizzle on some honey and sprinkle with ginger and pecans.
- Winter squash: drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- A potato for lunch: top with broccoli and a sprinkle of cheese.
- An apple for dessert: Fill the core with dried fruit and nuts.
- Diced or crushed tomatoes in a vegetable or chicken broth for the base of a homemade tomato soup!
- Add fresh herbs and spices to make your own unique recipe.
- Apples with lemon juice and cinnamon: Mash up and serve warm or chilled.
- Turnips and potatoes: Mash them together and season with salt and pepper.
- Kale, and add a handful of chopped currants, salt and pepper.
- Butternut squash: season with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Steam –heating in steam from boiling water or other liquid
- Artichokes for a long time (about an hour) to get flavorful leaves perfect for dipping! Try them with a tasty almond pâte.
- Any of your favorite vegetables with citrus juice and zest added to the water to create bold, new flavors. Try lemon juice with spinach, orange with broccoli or grapefruit with carrots!
- A medley of vegetables and season with some herbs: Serve over couscous.
- Cabbage, and season with caraway seed, salt and pepper.
- Green beans with chopped onion. Add a clove of garlic to cooking water.