21 Mar 2016
Florida Vegetable and Chicken Pasta
- 12 ounces whole-wheat penne pasta (or your favorite)
- 2 large Florida tomatoes, diced small
- 2 Florida zucchinis, diced small
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- olive oil for cooking
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring a medium-sized stockpot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta to desired tenderness.
- Drain pasta and run room-temperature water over it to cool it off.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to preheated sauté pan.
- Add diced zucchini and garlic to the preheated pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomato, lemon juice, cooked chicken and vegetable broth.
- Bring ingredients to a boil; add spinach and cooked pasta.
- Stir ingredients and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the butter.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Serve hot, garnished with lots of Parmesan cheese.
– See more at: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Recipes/Entrees/Florida-Vegetable-and-Chicken-Pasta#sthash.VuPCf6o1.dpuf